Monday, November 28, 2011

Breathless

I am so abundantly blessed. Beyond blessed.

As far as first years of marriage go, I'd have to say that Jason and I might win the award for the most unusual and exciting. At least as far as I've heard!

It's amazing how friends and family have embraced our adventure, and are encouraging us to live it. We thought we'd be hearing a lot more concern about "responsibility" and "settling down", but the overwhelming response has been "I'd do it if I could."

Would you? Pack your home into a storage unit and move to a ranch in Wyoming for seven months? Then, spend the next five months vacationing? Would you really? Would you become a turtle, packing what's not in the storage unit around in your car like a shell, when the reward is three weeks total in the Caribbean and two in South Africa? When you get to spend weeks visiting with both your family and your husband's family? When at the end of five months of vacation, you get to go back to work in one of the most beautiful places on earth?

I sure hope so. And I hope that our continuing adventure has spurred you to be a little more adventurous, too. To step outside of your comfort zone and try something new and fresh and different, even if it's in your hometown. Maybe to re-evaluate where you are in life, and see if something needs to change. Or to put your marriage first, ahead of your career, and to invest real, quality time in it.

We've come a long way from where we were on March 28 last year when we stepped out in faith and started this journey. We have so far still to go. But I am so, so thankful that we took this chance. That we stepped over the fear and the "what-if's", and decided to see where our adventure would take us. Goodness knows there have been some road bumps, and a few unexpected twists and turns along the way. But aren't the best rides like that? Unexpected and wild, leaving you breathless with a huge grin on your face?

That's my wish for you. Moments of unexpected joy that take your breath away, and the feeling of having a fresh lease on life.

Go ahead - grab that brass ring and fly. You won't regret it.

And you certainly won't look back and say, "I wish..."

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! It's so amazing that you guys get to do this :) But, I'm so glad you are home and we get to see you for a while before you jet off to another adventure. I love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete