Friday, March 11, 2011

The BIG NEWS!


Hawkeye Ranch. Photo from Hawkeyeranch.com


We are getting ready to embark on our next big adventure - and I can FINALLY tell you about it!

Jason has been offered his dream job working with an excellent landscape photographer, doing what he's already doing right now (digital tech) and helping to open a gallery at a ranch outside of Cody, Wyoming.. Yes - Wyoming - just outside of Yellowstone Park and very close to Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons. The photographer owns an incredible private ranch (www.hawkeyeranch.com) 40 miles outside of Cody. We'll be living there from April 1 until August 31. Plus, they've offered me a job running their greenhouse and taking charge of all the planting (it's massive!) and working with their private chef. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to sweet talk my way into the stables so I can assist with the grooming and exercising of the horses. I used to ride all the time when I was growing up and I miss it.

We'll be making just a little less than what we're making right now, financially, but without the burdens of rent and utilities which have become so EXPENSIVE. We're working really hard on getting out of debt and saving as much money as we can (we're going through Financial Peace University - it's AMAZING!), and this will be the perfect opportunity for us to build a nest egg. Plus we'll be in God's country (it's so gorgeous up there by Yellowstone), I'll be able to do the things I love and haven't had time for in years (horseback riding, gardening, reading, writing), and Jason will have ample opportunity to go out and shoot his own landscape photos.

After August 31, we're going to travel the Southern states for a month - visiting Jason's family and friends throughout the South - and will return to California by the first of October. I'll be able to go right back to substitute teaching and (hopefully - if they can use me!) caroling. We've been praying really hard about our direction and opportunities - and God is SO in this. He has been so good about opening doors and making our way clear that we can't worry too much about what happens after. It is so obvious to us that we are supposed to GO - the rest will come in time. We just have to move forward and live our adventure!

So that's the story - we're moving! Our little home in Redondo Beach will no longer be ours - new tenants are taking the house starting April 1, our belongings are going into storage, and we are headed out on our great adventure. We cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Keep posted to my blog - I'll be posting photos and stories of our whole adventure, start to finish.

Hope you're living your own adventure where you're at!



Hawkeye Ranch. Photo from Hawkeyeranch.com

5 comments:

  1. This. Is. AMAZING!

    What a blessing and I couldn't be more thrilled for you and more excited to hear updates during your adventure.

    Sending lots of love your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic news! You're going to have an amazing time! I looooved Wyoming, Yellowstone... all the wildlife.

    Did you know Wyoming is the least populated state in the entire nation? Less than 1 million people call WY their home. Just useless info. I researched when we visited on our cross-country road trip.

    And tell me you're driving there! Take a LONG journey and see lots of nature. Then post pictures. :)

    Congrats. What fun and adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!

    And YES - we're driving - the entire adventure through. The plan for now includes 27 states in the next six months. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds terrific!!! I can't wait to see you in the early fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, this is amazing. Soak up as much as you can, enjoy the earth and nature and come back to us refreshed and renewed. God Bless
    Love, Lisa Sites

    ReplyDelete