Friday, November 18, 2011

Puerto Rico and Great Stirrup Cay

Welcome to the second half of our cruise!

With my seasickness bracelets on, we continued on with our Eastern Caribbean cruising. First to San Juan, Puerto Rico and then to Norwegian Cruise Line's private island - Great Stirrup Cay - for a beach day.

At the beginning of our cruise, Jason predicted that my favorite stop would probably be Puerto Rico, because of the old buildings. You see, I'm a sucker for old Spanish style buildings - the kind with the patio in the middle. It's probably my favorite kind of construction - and I have dreams of remodeling some hacienda some day, with big wooden beams crossing the ceilings, and spectacular spanish tile. :)

And, as expected, old San Juan lived up to my expectations. It was beautiful - like a tropical version of Barcelona in some areas. I really, really hope that I'll get to go back there and explore for more than a day sometime soon. But seriously - go and look at Jason's photos from Puerto Rico. They're gorgeous! In the meantime, here are some of my own little point and shoot photos.








Then, our beach day on Great Stirrup Cay - the weather wasn't cooperating (hello, Tropical Storm!), but we were able to spend about an hour snorkeling. While the incoming storm churned up the water and the sand, there was still decent visibility - enough to see some fish.





Looking forward to heading back to the Caribbean in January for calmer waters and more adventures!




Thanks Catherine, Bob, G'ma Joyce and Aunt Irene for a great vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment