Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of July

I cannot believe that it's the end of July. We've been here for four months, and are about to start our fifth. It's really crazy!

We are two weeks into our busiest stretch of the season. We still have two weeks to go, and then all the boys leave for their pack trip which means... SPA DAY FOR ERIN! Seriously... I can't wait. We just have a lot of ranch activities planned before I'll get to go.

In other news, Indy now hunts trout. Go check out Jason's Blog for the full story - I wasn't there, so I really can't tell the story like he can!

I was really stressed out a few weeks ago, when I thought that I was going to be alone doing ALL of the gardening and ALL of the housekeeping when Savannah and Robbie both leave in the next two weeks. I was seriously freaked out - I hate feeling like I'm always running to catch up on something, and that is exactly what I was headed for without help. Fortunately, we now have Kim on the ranch - she works really hard and is super detail oriented. AND I don't have to check up on her work, so she's really taken an enormous amount of stress off of my shoulders. I'm so grateful that she's here. Our new wrangler (to replace Savannah) will arrive this weekend, just as Savannah gets ready to leave.

The days (and weeks) are long, but the guests have all been really nice people, so that makes it easier. I can honestly say that I'm still seriously sick of doing dishes, but there's no hope for that, and I'm certainly not doing as many as I used to.

And that, my friends, is the end of July wrap up! Hello, August!

No comments:

Post a Comment