Friday, May 27, 2011

The Super Housekeeper Rides Again... and again...

I feel like the super housekeeper this week. Or a little like Superwoman, although I'm pretty sure she doesn't get as tired as I've been.

It's busy time here at the ranch. I'm currently doing the jobs of TWO people (and technically, I'm doing the jobs of FOUR, since in prior years they've hired three housekeepers and one gardener). We're two weeks out from having guests, and two weeks from moving all the plants outside, and two days from moving into our individual cabins. So... I've spent my week cleaning all the staff cabins, and since I'm a little bit of a perfectionist, I won't walk away from them until they're as clean as I would want them to be were I to live in them. I'm a bit of a germophobe, and other people's dust, scum, and dirty toilets makes me gag. But give me a pair of rubber gloves and a closet full of cleaning supplies? You could eat off of the toilet when I'm done (not saying you'd want to, but still...)

In addition to that, there's the regular upkeep in the greenhouse, and I've started to plant anything that's weather-hardy in the outdoor garden (beans, carrots and lettuce seeds are now in).

Fortunately, our wrangler/part time housekeeper will arrive tomorrow night and start work on Tuesday morning. I'll be glad to have some help with the housekeeping. :)

Apparently Wyoming missed the memo that Memorial Day weekend is supposed to be the kick off to that fabulous season - SUMMER. It's barely Spring out there today, since it's been snowing off and on all day.

It only makes me appreciate the sun even more.

Jason and I will move into our immaculately clean cabin this weekend since they're no longer worried about the pipes freezing. It's pretty awesome, and relatively new (built last year) with high ceilings, walk in closet and a bathroom larger than the one in our old rental in Redondo Beach. I'll post pictures after we get all settled in.

So that's where we're at. Looking forward to dinner tonight since Fridays are for fancy, plated, multi-course meals. Short ribs are on the menu tonight, and let me tell you, they look and smell awesome! Tony's been working on them for days. :) Speaking of which... it's time for dinner!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You busy bee!!! Enjoy the Memorial weekend and (as always) I'm super jealous about the yummy food you get to eat.
    love you!
    p.s. Caity can spell Erin and has decided it IS different than her own name. I'll try to get it on video for you.

    ReplyDelete