Friday, May 20, 2011

Of Chipmunks and Waterfalls

We had a couple of inches of snow on the ground this morning. It's so cute how excited Jason gets about the snow! I'm just hoping and praying that it will get cold enough just once to kill all the ticks that have hatched out all over the place. Fingers crossed for a summer without ticks.

My day was a slower one, at least at first, so I took a walk down to the fishing/swimming hole to see the baby geese. Yes... it's a stocked trout pond so the guests can feel like successful fisherman. And yes, the goslings were precious.


My day got much more exciting this afternoon when I discovered that the "mouse" in the Greenhouse Indy has been crying about all week was, in fact, a chipmunk. A circus ensued, involving Chad coming to try and chase it out. All to no avail. There is STILL a chipmunk in the Greenhouse. The idea of Indy killing a mouse is much different from Indy killing a cute little chipmunk. But the chipmunk can't stay, no matter how warm and comfy he is. A chipmunk can do much more damage to my veggies than a mouse can. And let me tell you, there are some serious green tomatoes going on those plants. I'll keep you posted on how the chipmunk ordeal pans out. I'm trying to get the little guy out alive.


This little steer cracks me up. The roping steer are very cute and super skittish. They're not at roping size yet, so they just eat and roam around the arena.

Let's see... what else? Oh! With the snow and the rain, the waterfalls have started back up again. It's hard to see them, but there are four in this picture. Maybe I can get Jason to take a better one for me. We'll see.


Jason and I are headed to Jackson Hole and Grand Teton for a one night stay tomorrow after work. We're hoping to go through Yellowstone to shave off some miles and time. That's only if Sylvan pass is open with all the new snow. If not, we'll go the long way around. Either way, we're going since next weekend is Memorial Day and tourist season really kicks off then. We're interested in getting in there before it's a zoo. :)

Next post? Hopefully photos from Teton!

No comments:

Post a Comment