Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trees sometimes fall...

...on people. Some are lucky, some aren't. Today, we were lucky ones. Jason was walking past this tree and CRASH - here it comes, striking him on the shoulder on its way to the ground. I didn't see it, just the aftermath, but I am so prayerfully grateful that he is okay. That really could have been disastrous, and it makes my heart ache to think of what could have happened. He's just fine, although I think he might be a little sore tomorrow. (His biggest complaint are actually his allergies - they've knocked him for a loop! What a way to celebrate our 8 month wedding anniversary - with a husband who wasn't killed by a falling tree. I'll take that - allergies and all.


It's still crazy busy here on the ranch. Thank God I have some help with the housekeeping, but there are still not enough hours in the day. I'm exhausted! The one thing I AM doing is being ferociously protective of my free hours. I start work at 8 and I knock off at 5. Period. I don't care what has to be done, I'm off in my free hours. :)

Thought I'd update you on the flower pot I've been posting photos of. The photo on the left is from April 28 and the one on the right is from today (June 2). No blooms yet - we haven't had enough sunshine lately, but I'm hoping and praying everything starts to bloom soon, since all the planters and pots have to go out in a week and a half! Isn't it amazing how quickly plants grow?


I'm so sorry I don't have the mental energy to write more today. I do have a few posts stewing around in my brain still, but today I'd be doing them (and you, I think) a disservice since my writing would not be up to par.

Love and hugs from the Hawkeye!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. I'm so glad Jason is ok. So scary!!!
    He's not alone in his allergy attacks-I'm a mess. I love the pot!!! Those plants are really coming along :)

    ReplyDelete