Saturday, June 4, 2011

Excuses, excuses

I'm full of them today. Excuses, that is, as to why I'm not blogging as often and haven't yet posted photos of the new cabin.

As I've already said this week (broken record, I know), it is busy, busy, busy time here on the ranch. I have about a week and a half left of crazy season, and then life mellows out once the guests start arriving. This is really the busiest time of the whole summer for me, and I can't wait until it's in my rearview. I'm not one to wish away time, but I'm just wiped out.

Then, I just keep waiting for the cabin to be perfect before I take pictures of it for you. I realized yesterday that this would never happen, and planned to take the photos tonight irregardless. Unfortunately, our water heater went kaput and I had to pull everything out of the bathroom so they could fix it. It's still not really back together (busy....) and I refuse to show it in this state. So... I promise you will have photos in the next few days. I'm sure you were waiting with bated breath. (And our water heater is working brilliantly now! Hooray!)

So those are my excuses. I promise I'll get over them.

In the meantime, go check out Jason's blog and see what he was up to today - it's a rodeo activity called Double Mugging and involves my husband wrestling a steer. He says it's like playing football again. J.W. says that he took to it like no one he's ever seen - no fear, no hesitation. Jason was built to tackle. I didn't get to see it this time (same ol' excuses) but I will make it a point to capture it on camera for you next week. :) (Also, ff you go and visit his blog you'll get to see some photos of the delicious food we've continued to be spoiled with!)

And check out this awesome zucchini blossom on the massive plant I have growing in one of the beds in the greenhouse. It's gone bonkers! This photo is about a week old and there are many more blossoms and 4-5 inch zucchinis on the plant now. Very cool. :)


We're finally being blessed with some gorgeous weather (short sleeves today, and sandals after work!), so we're headed into Yellowstone tomorrow to hike on one of the open trails. :) Gotta go really early to get through Sylvan Pass before they close it!

Check back later this week for Cabin Photos (promise) and some basic gardening tips for those of you who don't think you have a green thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment