Saturday, December 4, 2010

O Christmas Tree (and Cookies!)

We finally decorated it!

The Speer household had a special Thursday night this week. Thursday is our usual dinner night with Jason's mom, Catherine, who lives in Orlando, Florida and works in LA from Monday through Thursday every week. Since her work is keeping her in California half of the time, it's been a very special opportunity for me to get to know my mother-in-law who I would otherwise rarely see!

This Thursday, we had a Christmas tree and cookie decorating night, complete with assistance from Catherine, my sister Kelli, and my dear friend Steph.

Kelli cutting cookies (yes, they're gluten free, and I made the dough from scratch).

Indy thought having all of these women in the house was AMAZING. Lots of attention for the puppy.

Here's what happened when I suggested a family photo in front of our first Christmas tree:

I latch onto Jason's leg and try to keep him from escaping. (Excuse the mess in the background)


Jason gets tired of me hanging on his leg and scoops me up. He's a strong one. :)


Our final family photo - unconventional and perfectly us.

1 comment: