Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here we come a caroling

At Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, singing in the lobby. This was taken on someone's cell phone. Sorry for the bad quality!
L to R: Nate, Rhonda, me, Reggie

Caroling season is in full swing and I'm loving it. I have another wonderful quartet this season, full of great people whose company I truly enjoy. We are SO busy singing this season, and are currently on the freight train to Christmas. Since I had a lunchtime gig instead of an evening one today, I'm happily at home procrastinating on cleaning, waiting to have dinner with Jason and my wonderful mother-in-law, Catherine. In the meantime, while I continue to procrastinate, here are some of the highlights of this year's caroling season so far!

*Singing "I'll Be Home for Christmas" for a table at the 5 Crowns and hearing this comment afterward: "The man who wrote that was a good friend of mine. He's no longer with us, but his song lives on."

*Singing during dinner at the Wellington Center for some active and not-so-active seniors - seeing the joy and memories in their eyes, and listening to their stories.

*Moo-ing with my soprano Rhonda in the breakroom at 5 Crowns. You had to be there.

*Simple Green luncheon - we each walked away with a big bucket of free cleaning supplies from Simple Green. Woo-hoo!

With Ben (who was subbing for Reggie) with one of our buckets of Simple Green products.
The picture does not do the amount of free products justice!

*Delirious, can't-be-stopped laughter with my quartet while on break at Disney.

*The kid at Knott's who I have decided will end up in prison someday - he grabbed Nate's bell and looked under my skirt. Good parenting.

*Fifteen little kids in their jammies, having a dance party while we sang "Jingle Bell Rock", "Rudolph" and "I Want a Hippo... for Christmas" in the lobby of the Paradise Pier Hotel.

*Being told that I look just like Jane Seymour, and the woman's surprise that I'd never heard that before.

*The little blonde girl and her sweet mother, dancing around in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel like we were the best thing she's ever heard.

I'm sure there are so many more. I may add to this list as I think of them. These are the reasons I love to sing at Christmas time. 9 more days of singing until Christmas time!

As the Knott's Calico Carolers. L to R: Reggie, me, Rhonda, Nate

3 comments:

  1. i'm so sad i missed you when you were at disney. the pictures look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kirk! We're back there today, and again on the 26th! Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel!

    ReplyDelete