Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Searching for my second wind.

So... I remember why I had stopped teaching for a while - in addition to a desperate need to perform, I sometimes give so much of myself that I feel like there's nothing left at the end of the day. It's creative burnout, and it doesn't happen when I'm able to perform for my income, but when I'm giving to others so that they may perform.

I know that working with teenagers is one of my gifts, and I love it, but there are times that are so exhausting and emotionally challenging that I wish I just had a normal job - or could be happy doing something that is "normal", steady, and that I didn't carry home with me at the end of every day.

These last two weeks have been absolutely insane - my schedule feels like it's thrown up on me, and juggling my multiple jobs, my boyfriend, family and friends has made me want to crawl in a hole and never come out. And that frustrates me, because I have a boyfriend who is SO understanding, patient and loving - he is a saint. Jason always knows exactly what to say and do to bring me back down to earth, or to put my day in perspective. I am so blessed, and resentful that the only times I've been able to see him in the last two weeks have been when I'm in partial or total meltdown.

This is not healthy. So, time to simplify a little bit. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment