Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sometimes it rains

... and sometimes it pours. It's been raining in Barcelona for two days. In that time we've barely left our hotel room because first Jason got sick and then I quickly followed. We're not sure if it was the stomach flu or food poisoning, but combined with jet lag it hit both of us pretty hard.

Everything happens for a reason so maybe this was to get us to slow down and rest before the next two and a half weeks of our trip. I'm going to be positive about it and take it as a gift of much needed rest. Besides, touring in the rain can be pretty miserable anyhow! And this city is so spectacular when the sun is out!

Now that we're on the mend we'll slowly see what we can this morning and then head for our cruise ship around noon.

The people of Barcelona have a been so kind to us while we were sick. At our hotel and at restaurants - feeding me not only gluten free food but gluten free sick food - broth and rice. Things that weren't on their menu.

I love this city - it's one of my absolute favorites and I hope that next time we
Come back we'll be able to explore.

So - adios Barcelona! Tomorrow? Provence!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you guys are sick :( I hope you all get back to normal and can enjoy you trip!

    ReplyDelete