Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Time

We're in the last week and a half of our time here on the ranch. The end is easier for Jason because he'll be back here for two weeks of work after Thanksgiving. For me, well, we don't really know when I'll be able to come back. Hopefully sometime. It's weird and sad and exciting and humbling and terrifying and thrilling all at the same time. Mostly, though, I'm really looking forward to being finished with cleaning up after other people and after mice (we are way out here, and yes, there are mice), and sad to be leaving this beautiful place and my yoga ladies. So there you are.

Because we're so close to "the time", I've started preparing. I have two auditions lined up immediately after we arrive in Orlando, before we head to Europe. After we get back from our trip, I have an audition lined up with the Orlando Philharmonic, who are hiring singer/actors/dancers for How to Succeed... Fingers crossed for that one - if I book it, it could lead to more work down the road.

I'm also in the process of submitting to talent agencies in Orlando. Trying to finally find an agent who is a good fit for me and ready to help me book big jobs. Did you know that in all my agency booked auditions in Los Angeles, I was called back or held on 75% of them? That's 3 out of 4! But I never booked once through my agent, and part of that was the fact that I wasn't matched up with the right agent for me. This time around, I'm doing it right. I'm waiting for the right fit and signing with someone who is ready to help me make both of us some money. (And of course, help me chase my dream.)

After a year and a half off (with the exception of my awesome surprise caroling season last year), I am so, so, so ready to make my dreams come true. To perform. To work. To make it happen. It feels so strange to be back here in this place again - submitting, booking auditions, chasing the dream. But if anything, this time in Wyoming has clarified that for me. So I'm dusting off the headshots and resumes - getting them ready to go. Thank God I haven't changed in our time away. And I'm charging forward head first. I know how to do it. I just have to get back into the habit of it.

So, this is my time. I can feel it in my gut.

1 comment:

  1. YAY Bears!!! It is SO your time! We love you very much and can't wait to hear about your dreams coming true :)

    ReplyDelete