Thursday, August 23, 2012

In Training

I did it. I convinced the ranch trainer, Caleb, to train me. I'm working with him twice a week right now, building an exercise program that I can take with me when we leave.

I've always been active, and I've been fit. More fit at some times than others. But I have never felt confident about my body, especially my stomach. So this training is not about losing weight, but more about getting on a program, making a commitment to my body and tightening everything up.

And since I'll be 30 on October 16, it's the perfect time to build new habits - before a milestone birthday.

So here's where I'm at - I am a size 4, and I think I weigh on any given day somewhere between 130 and 135 pounds. (Stop rolling your eyes at me - we can all use to be fitter, no matter our size.) I could care less about how much I weigh exactly - it's about health - but my best guess is in that range based on the last time I went to the doctor's office.

At the end of six weeks of training with Caleb, I will have a tighter tummy, a stronger body, and a plan for continuing to change my exercise habits.

I already feel so much better, just for being proactive.

When I find my camera, I'll post my "before" belly photo and a weekly update. Some accountability will help me to continue!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Bears!!!! I'm so there with you once my doctor clears me to start exercising again. I agree that it's not about the number exactly but about the way you feel. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete