Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Time!

Today is Halloween, so naturally we had to do some pumpkin carving yesterday! Catherine had picked up two pumpkins and Marvel Comic Patterns for carving. Jason and I teamed up to get them carved - I poked in the design pattern and he carved them out. He definitely had the tougher job - mine was to make a sort of connect the dots pattern for him. :) I can't be trusted to carve intricate designs anyhow - they'd be a disaster if I had carved them! Anyhow, Jason chose the HULK pattern and I (naturally) chose WOLVERINE - not just because Hugh Jackman is such a cutie, but because it's great to be a Michigan Wolverine! (7-1, baby!) I wanted to carve an M into my Wolverine pumpkin, but they were very time consuming. Maybe next year! So here are some photos from pumpkin carving!

Today was supposed to be the day for Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival they host there every year. Unfortunately, it's pouring today and Jason's sick, so we're postponing until either Thursday, or right after we get off the cruise ship. It's all good - no one wants to walk around Epcot in the pouring rain!

Tomorrow is lunch with my mom's half sister, Annie. That's a story for another time, but just know that in addition to my mom's adoptive family in California, she also has her birth father's family in Florida. Annie and her family moved to Orlando last year, so we're going to get to see each other tomorrow. Should be fun!



How Indy spent the afternoon after killing another lizard. The dead lizard count stands at 3. Poor little lizards!



XMEN WOLVERINE! Ferocious, isn't he? GO BLUE!



Jason carving THE HULK!





Hulk and Wolverine get set outside to greet trick-or-treaters!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment