Thursday, September 12, 2013

Put on Your Big Girl Pants

I teach kids - a lot of them - and many of them are preschoolers. Every now and then I have to remind one of them to act like a big boy or big girl. Nobody, not even preschoolers, wants to be thought of as a baby. So when you tell them to look like a big boy/girl it gets their attention. They almost always snap back into great kids!

It's been a wild week around here. I am now teaching 20 dance classes a week, am in tech for NUNSENSE, which opens tomorrow and runs for four weeks, and have had a steady number of auditions and bookings through all of that. It's enough to make the biggest girl a baby at some point.

On my way to this morning's acting gig, my car said that one of my tires was low. Immediate response? Panic. Frustration. A desperate need for my husband to come and fix everything for me.

So I took a deep breath, reminded myself to put on my big girl pants and handled it.

I made it to the booking early (that's why you always leave extra time, folks!) and was able to get on with my day.

Cause I'm a big girl. And I wear big girl pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment