Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Been a Minute

Well, I'm up to my eyeballs in rehearsals and homework for this new production of NUNSENSE I'm in, and loving every second of it. It has been so fun to go back to a role I played (and LOVED) ten years ago, with fresh eyes and ten more years of life experience. God forbid I would do it the same way I did before! So I'm embracing the challenge of it, taking it with fresh eyes, because, you know... it's been a minute!

This is the first opportunity I've had to really revisit a role. I've revisited certain shows in different ways - first as a performer, later as a director or choreographer or both - but have really and truly never revisited a role before. It's amazing how much muscle memory is still there, and how I've had to suppress that to truly view the show from a fresh perspective.

It's hard work, and it's a blast working with such an awesome cast and team every night!

Can't wait to share some photos of me back in the habit - until then, here's the banner for the show featuring our very own "RevMo". :)



No comments:

Post a Comment