Thursday, April 15, 2010

Full Steam Ahead!

I saw Batman on Roller Blades today. Not the point of this post, but wanted to share.

The wedding plans are in full swing! The only bummer about choosing an October wedding (I know... less than six months ALREADY!) is that all major plans needed to happen two months ago! At least it's October. If we were trying for this summer, we would definitely be screwed. All of the planning has felt a little bit overwhelming on top of my escalating Starlight schedule (youth theatre company I work for.... our calendar for the next three months makes me want to throw up) and working as much as I can for the rest of the school year (since as of right now, I have no work this summer - prayers, please!).

Yesterday was my first "trying on dresses" day. So fun! That put some wind back in my planning sails. Can't post any photos here for fear of a snooping fiance (love you, baby), but suffice it to say I have a very good idea of what my style of wedding dress is, and it's very different from what I thought it would be. 'Nough said.

I woke up this morning with renewed location hunting energy, and found a place we didn't know existed that just might be perfect for both of us! We're going to visit on Saturday morning to see if it's as perfect as we think it is. If that doesn't work out, we have another location that we're looking at (a gorgeous one!) but since it was where my sister also had her ceremony and reception (which was amazing!), I'm struggling with the thought of having a very similar wedding.

Can I just say that finding a reasonably affordable ceremony and reception location in Los Angeles is crazy difficult? For what we'll end up paying here, I could have the party of the century somewhere in the Midwest!

In the meantime, Jason's Grandma and Aunt Irene are flying in tonight for a weekend visit. I'm very excited to meet them and thrilled to visit Catalina Island for the day tomorrow. I haven't been in years, and am looking forward to having an engaged and planning-free day with Jason, Grandma Joyce and Aunt Irene. :)

Will update with photos ASAP. Hope your April is going well!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! Hope you're having fun at Catalina today :) Super excited for the new location and rollerblading batman....you always see the weirdos.

    ReplyDelete