Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Madness

OH MAN! Do I have some work to do to get you up to speed!

We came back from the Bahamas on February 22 and have been in a whirlwind for the month since then. For those of you who blog, you know how life gets crazy and then the recaps just seem so overwhelming? That's what's happened here. Seriously. It's been nuts!

So, here's the quick and dirty recap of what our version of "March Madness" has looked like:

Disney days with Lara and Deborah!
Jason's Aunt Deborah and cuz Lara flew into Orlando for some much needed fun. What's the best fun to be had in Orlando? DISNEYWORLD, of COURSE! And what's the best way to end a day at Disneyworld? Drinking Margaritas in Mexico at Epcot!

Catherine and G'ma Joyce prepare to flex their Toy Story Muscles!

Ready for the new Star Tours in our rainbow 3D glasses! Deborah, Lara, G'ma Joyce and I.

Driving BACK across the United States
Yes. We drove across the United States for the fourth time in as many months. We planned to take our time - do it in four days, stop along the way - but the weather was so terrible, we were forced to push through it. Pouring rain for the ENTIRE first day. Rain for the first half of Day 2, and then gale force winds and tornado warnings for the rest of day 2. Wake up to snow on Day 3 and freezing temperatures across New Mexico and Arizona. It was a long drive, with Indy unhappily sighing his discontent the whole way. At least until we pulled into my parents neighborhood, when he realized he was going to his girlfriend Sierra's house!

Stormy weather in Louisiana.

Arizona's Painted Desert.

Weekend in the Sierra Nevadas
We spent a day in LA and then headed up to the Sierras (confusing, I know, since it's also the name of my parents dog) for a weekend with my parents, and their friends Jerry and Lisa. Lots of campfires and stars. :)

Jason heads back to the Ranch
We got back to LA in time for Jason to drive the photo truck back to Wyoming for ten days of work. That left me footloose and fancy free to have fun (lots of f's there!) in LA with friends and family (seriously! That's 6 f's in a sentence!). And have fun, I did. Although I missed Jason like crazy! (He's back now! YAY!)

Brandon and Ariel's wedding
My longtime student (now adult) Brandon, married his love Ariel (also a former student of mine) in a SURPRISE ceremony in Pacific Palisades. She knew she was getting married, just thought it was a different venue. Ariel was a VERY good sport about it! AND they have a precious baby girl on the way! HOORAY! It is strange, though. I started teaching Brandon when he was 10. Now he's 21 and married with a child on the way. Makes me feel my age a little. The wedding was a blast, though, and I had a great time visiting with lots of good friends!

Pastor Chris marries Ariel and Brandon in a wonderful ceremony.

L to R: Travis, Jen, Tom, Tiff, Debbie, Nancy (Mother of the Groom!), Hedy, Colt, Me

Colt dips his brother Travis. Such sweet brotherly love.

TIFF! I hadn't seen this girl since my own wedding and have missed her like CRAZY. SO GOOD to reconnect with her!

Excited Faces! Jen and I snap a photo with the groom!

Disney Day with the Bride to Be!
Helped Jen finish her save the dates for her wedding this summer and then spent Saturday with Jen, Marissa, Becca and Nessie at Disney having a blast!!!!! Can't believe I didn't snap a single photo. LAME.

It's a BOY!
My best friend Solange and her awesome husband Nik are pregnant with Baby #2, and it's a BOY! Could not be more excited for them! Go see their blog post for photos and video of their awesome baby reveal party!

The kidnapping of Nancy
My dear friend Nancy has had a crazy couple of months. So crazy that she found out on the SAME DAY that her husband has cancer, and that her youngest child had a baby on the way and was getting married. On the SAME DAY. So Cindy and I decided that she needed a night of fun, friends, food (there go the f's again!) and wine. Lots and lots of wine. We successfully kidnapped her and had a great night with friends at Tiff's amazing apartment in Manhattan Beach. So much fun!!!!!

Successful kidnap! L to R: Me, Jen, Nancy, Cindy, Hedy

The view from Tiff's balcony with lovely ladies to match. L to R: Cindy, Hedy, Tiff, Me, Jen

Getting my gardening fix!
I've been blessed to get to spend some of my days playing with Spring flowers. I've been working on redoing all of moms flower displays, and helped my sis Kelli redo hers as well!

All of which has just worn Indy right out.
Good thing he has his snuggle bunnies for comfort.

1 comment:

  1. March was crazy!!! And there's still a week left. I can't believe Indy gets tucked in with his bunnies....what a spoiled little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete